Friday 22 December 2017

Leopold-Print Cloak

Another roll on the Nice List, and it takes us back to the very beginning, my Dogs of War army!

Leopoldo di Lucci from Leopold's Leopard Company, Dogs of War for Warhammer Fantasy Battle

Let's find out what's new, pussycat!

I have a soft spot for my human army. When this blog started, I picked my Dogs of War to be the first models I spruced up into battle-readiness, since they were the smallest army and would be sorted out the quickest.

I hadn't counted on my glacial speed of painting, and considerable ability to get distracted, which meant that, while my other three fantasy armies lie in various states of readiness, the Empire were battle-ready for a long time, and so I played more games with them than any other army.

But one thing that bothered me was my general, Lorenzo Lupo. Even by the polyglot standards of my army, his Roman Centurion look was hopelessly anachronistic, and I wanted a commander who was more 'early modern' in his appearance.

Step forward Leopoldo di Lucci, captain of the Leopard Company in plate armour, animal skin and pistol - perfect!

Leopoldo di Lucci from Leopold's Leopard Company, Dogs of War for Warhammer Fantasy Battle
Why couldn't he have led the Panther Company?

In the past, I've struggled with leopard fur (which is the reason the Alcatani Fellowship comprise my pikemen, rather than the Leopard Company), but this turned out quite well with Zamesi Desert, Seraphim Sepia and a brush of Zandri Dust.

Almost a shame I can't give him a whole regiment to lead, but the old models are on eBay for back-breaking prices, so I'll just wait until GW bring out their 'Warhammer Classic' range of recasts.

And so Leopoldo deposes Lorenzo as mercenary general (which is ironic, since the exact opposite happens in the fluff).

Leopoldo di Lucci from Leopold's Leopard Company, Dogs of War for Warhammer Fantasy Battle

This was nice model to revisit and spend a couple of hours painting up. In fact, that would have made the Advent Challenge quite a pleasant stroll, until some maniac (myself) dreamed up the whole Naughty List idea which turned it into a painting frenzy.

And on that note, my final roll was on the Naughty List (serves me right). So I have a whole unit to paint and not a lot of time to do it... unless I spend my preciously-hoarded command points and choose an easy one. Dare I risk it?

See you on Christmas Eve for my final installment!

2 comments:

  1. That cloak is very nice. Might hit the shops for one after Christmas, fake fur mind. Don't want to upset peta again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None of your Finecast fakery here - a real Pewter died to make this model!

      Delete