Saturday 16 December 2017

A-Scuttling We Shall Go

Santa's not messing around. He really wants me to finish this Silver Tower set.

Grot Scuttling, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower and Warhammer Age of Sigmar

It's the Grot Scuttlings! They may be from the Naughty List, but if I can't rush out eight goblins, then I might as well hand in my paintbrushes.

I sped through them, although I didn't take the absolute shortest route (which would be just drybrushing over black primer). The robes were Incubi Darkness with a Nuln Oil wash, which I think turns out a really nice 'black robes' effect. I must remember it when I do some Ringwraiths, or Hogwarts miniatures.

Grot Scuttling, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower and Warhammer Age of Sigmar

Quite nice little models these - the Night Goblin/Spider hybrid works pretty well (when are we going to see that AoS army?) and certainly gives them enough weapons to hold.

Grot Scuttling, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower and Warhammer Age of Sigmar

And in case I ever forget how to do goblins:

  • Skin: Elysian Green base, Drakenhof Nightshade wash, Nurgling Green drybrush
  • Robes: Incubi Darkness base, Nuln Oil wash
  • Weapon hafts/bows: Scragg Brown base, Agrax Earthshade wash
  • Quiver: Zamesi Desert base, Agrax Earthshade wash
  • Base Astrogranite texture paint, White Scar drybrush.
  • Eyes: Yriel Yellow


Grot Scuttling, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower and Warhammer Age of Sigmar

One complaint: some of these models has three or four eyes! All in-keeping with the spider theme, but damnit, there is an unspoken contract that I shouldn't have to tackle more than two eyes per model!
(ideally less - I'm a big fan of faceplates, visors and eyepatches)

Grot Scuttling, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower and Warhammer Age of Sigmar

Check another one off my list! Although I've been travelling with work for most of this week, so my next assignment is going to go down to the wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment