Friday 9 June 2017

Slambo II: Dried Blood

Movies these days ... you've only just seen one, and then they bring out a sequel.

ADRIAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Let's meet the Cash to this Tango.

When it comes to Kraken's painting and my own, I think the difference is clear...


And so, a mere fiscal quarter after he was released, I get around to painting the chunky legend.

Being a procrastinating painter has its advantages. When Slambo first arrived, I was awash with thoughts of: "oh, a new, limited edition model - I must think carefully about the paint scheme and try some new techniques and do it justice."

... three months later, all I thought was: "get that damn thing out of the back of the cupboard and slap some paint on it."

Slambo, Exalted Hero of Chaos for Warhammer Age of Sigmar

As with my other Slaves to Darkness unit, I'm going for non-denominational colours, which means off-white in this case. I have plans for more bone-coloured armour, so Slambo makes for a good tester.

  • Armour: Flayed One Flesh base, Seraphim Sepia wash, Tyrant Skull drybrush
  • Gold trim: Retributor Armour base, Reikland Flesh wash, Golden Griffon drybrush
  • Mail and weapons: Leadbelcher base, Nuln Oil wash, Ironbreaker drybrush
  • Boots and straps: XV-88 base, Agrax Earthshade wash
  • Horns: Charcoal base, Karak Stone highlights, Nuln Oil wash
  • Eyes: Mephiston Red, Yriel Yellow, Fuegan Orange glaze


Slambo, Exalted Hero of Chaos for Warhammer Age of Sigmar

One thing I can agree on: Slambo is really quick to paint. An hour or two maximum (although I did avoid giving the armour anything fancy - the blood spatter does that for me).

Another Slambo to sit ineffectually on the sidelines. Ah well, he can always proxy for a Chaos Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I've always been a fan of Chaos Lords in bone coloured armour.

    The more I see Slambo (i.e. every night in my dreams), the more I reckon this newest one has really missed out on a nice thick cloak. He looks naked without it, somehow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cloak would set him off nicely. Or maybe a silk boxer's robe with 'SLAMBO' written across the back.

      Delete