Wednesday 29 November 2017

Noxtopi


A quiet couple of weeks after the genestealer marathon. I needed the rest! But now, back to work with more Tyranids.




Nautiluses and Crosses

These are Venomthropes, hybrid offspring of the nautilus and a blimp. "Are those Triffids?" my Dad asked in passing, spotting them in the cupboard. Triffinids, maybe. Either way, very handy for the roaming to hit penalty they grant nearby units, and a must take for the Elite slots in my army.

Nautilus but Nice

As they're joining Hive Fleet Afanc, they're getting the same paint job as the 'stealers. So A white basecoat washed with Bieltan Green, then given a good highlighting with Rotting Flesh before doing the tentacles and flesh over the top. Black, white and orange shell stripes, as before.

He's not the Messiah, he's a very Naughty Lus

They're quite good models, actually, now I've lavished time painting them and getting to know them. The kit doubles as Zooanthropes, which means I've got some handy spare bits to play with. Not enough spare bits to actually make any complete Zooanthropes, GW is savvy that way, but maybe some Tyrranoform objective markers or set dressing. Still, we'll see what we have in the bits box before deciding.


Tell you what, I'm glad they don't have to rank up. Those tentacles (Xereus Purple layered up to Lothern Blue, by the way, 'Ardcoat gloss on top) would be even more of a tangly nightmare if they did. As it is, storage is going to be a bit of an issue. Chuck them in with the genestealers and you'd get some kind of Gordian Knotilus.The dream of a display cupboard seems ever further...


Nearly Advent! And I'm glad I've been sparing my energies, we've set ourselves a tough challenge this year. More soon!

2 comments:

  1. Gribbly! How far now until your army reaches the 1000pt milestone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting on delivery of a couple of bits and bobs. Six weeks including paint? Roughly?

    ReplyDelete