Monday 18 September 2017

Back Door Man


Some days, I despair of myself. This week, I got excited by tiny plastic doors.


These are the Massive Darkness doors, although they'd obviously work perfectly well for any game that requires tiny doors. You name it - Dungeon Saga, Heroquest, the dolls' house for Age of Sigmar Sylvaneth Families, CMON's forthcoming Larry Greyson game, they're all good.


They're hinged! That's why I got all overexcited. Just like the Advanced Heroquest doors of old, although tougher (made of resin), more varied (three different designs) and more functional (tiny stoppers and clippy bits, so they stay in whichever position you put them in, although the contact points mean the paint will almost certainly get scraped over time).


Fast to paint, in the way that only scenery can be. Basecoats of various browns or blacks, washes then drybrushes from GW's World of Brown series, metals done over the top. About three hours, all told, and nice to have them out of they way so they aren't clouding my horizon like the chore furniture sort of is. I still have a bunch of spare Dungeon Saga portals and tables to do, and I can't see it happening unless I find some way of making them interesting again, and let's face it, they never were.


Oh god, that means I've got the chests to do next. Weep.

Heeeeere's Owen!

No comments:

Post a Comment